Resources: Help Using the Math Computers
Getting Started and Managing Your Login
Computer System Features
Connecting from outside Lunt
Northwestern's Computer Support
WCAS' Computer Support
Creating Web Homepages and Graphics for Web
- Using XDVI and PXDVI
- TeX/LaTeX on Windows systems
- MiKTeX Project:
free distribution of TeX/LaTeX for Windows on x86 systems.
You may need to install
too for viewing, plus a TeX editor (see below).
- WinEdt Shell (shareware):
editor and shell for MS Windows ideal for the creation of
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for writing TeX/LaTeX-documents
on Microsoft Windows platforms - Nice editor comparable to WinEdt
A free LaTeX editor integrating many tools needed to develop
documents with LaTeX in just one application. Texmaker runs
on unix, macosx and windows plataforms, and is released under
the GPL license.
- TeX Documentation Guides
- Templates and Graphics in TeX
Symbolic and Graphics Programs
- Locally supported
- Matlab (numerical computations and graphics, proprietary).
- Mathematica (symbolic calculations,
- Maxima (symbolic calculations, free).
- Maple (symbolic calculations, proprietary).
- Octave (a free clone of Matlab).
- SAGE (another free open source alternative
to Magma, Maple, Mathematica and Matlab).